- Take Action
- Our Work
- Santa Monica Pier Aquarium
- Be a Member
- En Español
Plan Your Visit
Get Up Close and Personal with Marine Life of the Santa Monica BAy
- CLOSED Wed. Sept. 17th
Whether you’re from halfway around the world or from just down the street, we welcome you to hands-on exploration at our Aquarium. Visit and be inspired to understand more about our amazing Santa Monica Bay marine environment, and learn how you can help to conserve it.
Visit during our public hours and you can:
- Get a hug from a spiky sea urchin
- Watch a shark feeding
- Examine microscopic sea life in our lab
- Learn about the animals of the Santa Monica Bay on a marine-themed scavenger hunt
- Make a sea star crown, an octopus puppet or a pirate's hat at the arts and crafts station
- Stop by any Saturday for a whale of a tale - 3:30 p.m. is story time in the Green Room
- Each Tuesday and Friday, staff members invite visitors to help feed the sea stars in our touch tanks. Weekly feedings begin at 2:30 p.m.
- Don't miss the shark's favorite time of day - feeding time! Learn about these often-misunderstood creatures while watching them eat a meal Sundays at 3:30 p.m.